April 2020 Results

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Camdown, Feb 7, 2020.

1. almost_actuary

almost_actuary Keen member

I've started a thread in the SA4 forum but the IFOA appear to have really messed up on this one. They have published a pass mark of 50 yet I got 50 and failed and a friend got 52 and failed. After speaking with the IFOA on the phone this afternoon, apparently they are not sure what's happened and are working on it... :(

amy__ likes this.
  2. mulita

mulita Member

Ooops.... shocker! And they shied away from making comparisons to previous pass rates as normally expected.

3. almost_actuary

I just checked again and they have now re-uploaded the examiners report with a pass mark of 55. Absolute shambles.

4. newkid

newkid Ton up Member

Pass mark say 55 in the report?

5. almost_actuary

It does now. They have just re-uploaded it. I have attached the original...

Attached Files:

6. newkid

newkid Ton up Member

not the first time that's happened unfortunately - happened last sitting or one before as well

7. mulita

mulita Member

Checked the examiners report for sp4.... now I cant wait for the SAR feedback. I strongly believe they have made a mistake for me. Or I uploaded wrong answer sheet. I know I could be emotional this time but I am pretty sure I ought to have need graff better.

8. almost_there

almost_there Member

I think it's called blaming students for the pass rate. It's not students that determine pass rates however.

9. almost_there

almost_there Member

They make many errors but somehow never when it comes to determining that someone has failed. That is never an error. Ever.

10. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

What examiner report was this in? If the Chief Examiner refers to the exams as open book this may help students accused of plagiarism!

11. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Why?

12. Ranvir Atwal

Ranvir Atwal Member

This was in SP7 April 2020 Examiner's Report

13. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

I believe that some appeals have been successful, but the vast majority were not. Your statement is therefore not factually accurate.

14. almost_there

almost_there Member

Best download it.

15. almost_there

almost_there Member

Where is this information located - would like the rate for April 2020 please.

16. mavvj

mavvj Ton up Member

Pass rates are in examiner reports.

17. almost_there

almost_there Member

Thank you. I've started to calculate these and put them in the various subject threads. It seems pass rates down for many subjects.