Judgment Day

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Infinity, Feb 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. almost_there

almost_there Member

2. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Is the second hearing of the tribunal coming up soon, or is it a little while away?

Will be interesting to see how/if the claimant is recompensed.

3. Null

Null Member

What is interesting is that the court has stated the IFOA is currently discriminating. The IFOA have done nothing, their oversight body have done nothing and the IFOA continue to galavant around the world (they’re in Kenya now). There was an article in the financial Times but nothing in the actuary magazine. No statement, no information, shameless

almost_there likes this.
  4. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

[QUOTE="Null, post IFOA continue to galavant around the world (they’re in Kenya now). [/QUOTE]
    Organisations can't shudder to a halt if there's an outstanding litigation action. I think meetings to develop the actuarial professions in developing countries will be of mutual benefit, do you not think the IFoA should help the profession in developing countries?

5. Null

Null Member

If the IFOA have been found to be “currently” discriminating. They should cancel their holiday to Kenya and rather sort out their mess

almost_there likes this.
  6. almost_there

almost_there Member

Nearly a month gone by and not even a public apology from IFoA. Shameful.

7. Null

Null Member

They probably think that a couple of posts on the Acted forum is a public statement

8. I think we can all agree that fraud is wrong. Even if it is done by those we respect and are proud of.

9. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Who has committed fraud?

10. Dont worry mate. Continue being proud. everything will be alright.

Lapsed_Student likes this.
  11. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Cheers pal - you keep blowing that whistle.

12. Imagine if the GMC behaved like the IFOA..... Imagine it....

13. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Are they not guilty of sexual discrimination too given drs have a long period of exams? Or is it only the IFoA? In another thread either you or almost_there suggested any profession could be guilty of it.

I'm sure if you looked up forums for trainee drs there would be some disgruntled people seeking to blame the GMC for one thing or another.

14. Null

Null Member

You’re again distracting the audience again. There is no if or but here. There was a court case and in that case it has been shown that the IFOA have discriminated. There is no accusation anymore. It has been proven. It does not make it alright if other qualifications bodies have done the same thing, that’s not an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
  15. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Whistleblower mentioned the GMC - hence my post being in direct response to his/her point. I'm sure if "the audience" find my posts distracting/irritating they'll let me know.

16. Michalak v General Medical Council is a good example.
    However the point was imagine if the GMC behaved like the IFOA when conferring a relevant qualification. Just imagine that..
    Fraud is evil

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
  17. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Well there have been concerns over individuals who completed their medical training abroad, permitted to practise by the GMC and then had their fitness to practice called in to question: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/he...prove-language-checks-on-foreign-doctors.html
    I'm not aware of widespread concerns over the fitness of FIA* to practice or disciplinary action being taken to the IFoA. Are you?

18. She was subjected to direct discrimination on the grounds of race disability and sex. She was awarded £4.2 million. Rather than spread fake news and misinformation, I suggest you understand the facts

19. I wonder if IFOA members will be proud when their fees go up because of the IFOAs transgressions..

20. ProudActuary

ProudActuary Member

Again - a habit of totally ignoring questions and points raised. You, almost_there and null have a habit of avoiding questions which don't align with your views.

So where is the link to the case where this person was awarded £4.2m? Was she claiming because some students in another country had 4 tries a year to sit an exam rather than 2 (with the other 2 set of exams having significantly lower pass rates)? Or was the claimant in that case trying to join the medical profession of another country even though they had no intention of practising or working in that country?

I note you didn't offer a response to any of the points raised in my previous post.

21. I suggest you go and understand the facts in your own time.

I hope you are proud of paying increased fees because of our professions transgressions, lol..I might join the American profession. It is much cheaper and they do not discriminate unlike the UK body.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.