Twenty 20 World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by hi5, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Goku

Goku Member

Yep...we are chokers indeed...but I believe our problem lies in team selection...we rely too much on yesterday's heroes (who are quite aged now) and do not sufficiently consider young talent who are required for tomorrow...so in a way, I think we deserved to lose...

All in all, I think SA is the greatest side to never win a world-cup and as events are turning out, it's gonna continue that way for a while until a paradigm shift happens...

Kudos to the Indians! Jai Hind! They played very entertaining cricket and those boys worked there socks off! They also didn't rely on golden-oldies to win games for 'em...I'd say their T20 team is a side that can win the next world cup...together with Pakistan, another brilliant young side!

Regarding T20 as an added form of cricket, I think it can be used with great effect in revealing young talent and also discovering who the really dangerous batsmen and bowlers are - to win a T20 game, you need to consistently bowl yorkers in the last 3-5 overs, and on the other side, your batsmen need to be able to instantaneously shift into overdrive in the last 5-overs, regardless of how long they have been at the crease...both of which are match-winners for the ODI form.

In conclusion, SA did a MAGNIFICENT job in hosting this event, and hats out to us! It couldn't have been staged in a better way!

2. hi5

hi5 Member

it was no doubt a wonderful WC