Twenty 20 World Cup

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by hi5, Sep 9, 2007.

1. hi5

hi5 Member

Any one thinking any team other than australia?

2. alskling

alskling Member

I don't get the title of your post - are you asking who people think will win the 2007 rugby world cup?
    If so, then I'd like to say Ireland but after last night's performance I can't be so confident :(
    As long as it's not England or France I'll be happy enough ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2007
  3. ExamFatigued

ExamFatigued Member

Oz are strong favourites, but this is 20/20 and in a one-off game anything can happen- remember how England outplayed them in the one-off game during the home Ashes series? If I was a betting man I'd go for South Africa - a strong team and not bad at 5/1 for a team with home advantage. Also, despite recent turmoil, I reckon Pakistan are well worth a punt at 9/1.

For alskling's benefit, this is cricket we are talking about. As far as the rugby goes, given the results (and performances) so far, you have nothing to worry about as far as France and England are concerned.

4. hi5

hi5 Member

As someone said, the format of the next World Cup

Opening Ceremony
    Award trophy to Australia
    Closing Ceremony

5. hi5

hi5 Member

Why is this topic so dead.

Twenty 20 is so exciting..............is anyone watching.......??

6. examstudent

examstudent Member

india pakistan "bowl out" was funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

I think Sri Lanka could be a dangerous team, specially in this version. If Jayasuriya & co fire against aussies, aussies can be under pressure if they are chasing anywhere above 160-170.

8. hi5

hi5 Member

I sacrificed my CT5 time for that match........yes was classic and fun

today they are in big trouble against pakistan 35/3........lets see what happens......

However I want australia to lose, more than anyone to win........!!!!!!!!!

9. hi5

hi5 Member

it was wonderful seeing pakistan win against australia...wasnt it?

10. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

Yes.. It was delightful.. Specially the way they fought after being four down for some 30-odd.. And when oz are beaten, it is always wonderful ! :)

11. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

Sri Lankans look on their way out.. 101 is paltry against marauding aussies..

12. hi5

hi5 Member

The semifinals begin......

interesting....

13. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

Yes.. Was delighted to see India beat SA and knock them out.. Bad luck to SA.. One loss and they are on their way out of the tournament..

14. hi5

hi5 Member

Pak vs India final........

wow.........

15. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

Yes WOW.. A match worthy of a final.. A sensational six in the first over of the match.. followed by plenty of action.. fours, sixes, catches and run-outs..

Of course, we did witness some volleyball action too ( Hafeez helping the ball to a six in the last over of India innings ! )

Great start by Hafeez.. Rocked by downright stupidity of the middle order.. and then a valiant fightback by Misbah.. Sublime hitting by him.. accompanied by stupendous shots from Sohail Tanveer.. And an outside edge from Asif which appeared to have changed the course of the match.. And finally, Misbah stumbled at the last step again.. 'Scooped' the cup to India which Sreesanth caught elatedly !!

India won.. Yipppeeeeeeee......

16. hi5

hi5 Member

yes it was a match to remember..........

awesome.......

17. examstudent

examstudent Member

I though this toournament was very exciting

do you think cricketing world will regard this as proper cricket and recognise teams achievments in this form of the game?

i hope thsi becoems mainstream and replaces the 50 over game!

18. GautamShah

GautamShah Member

Yes. The tournament is indeed exciting !

However, I am not too sure if this would be as acceptable as ODIs. The reasons for success of the tournament was its promotion as 'World Cup'. The real success will be gauged when teams play one-off T20 games.

I feel the game is a little too draining on players as well. Further, it does not allow a team to regroup and bounce back. One can compare it to soccer in terms of times but in soccer 90 minutes allow you to regroup. Being a bit of purist, I find it a little painful to see a great 15-over effort being overshadowed by mad hitting in 5-overs.

19. hi5

hi5 Member

word

and the test matches as well.

5 full days for 1 match seems too much......

even acted covers one CT subject in 3 full days tution (-:

20. Zapher

Zapher Member

oH GOLLY what a tournament. Happy about the ausies however only team to be unbeaten till final game is knocked out... South africa must be the biggest chockers of all time. And not even against ausie this year!

Wonder if smith and his team will ever perform in a big game.

21. anon2

anon2 Member

Ha ha ha.