Results!

Discussion in 'CT8' started by Erik, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Erik

Erik Member

Results in a week. Can you believe it?

2. madge

madge Member

not sure that i want to know my results thanks....

3. hi5

hi5 Member

Is there anyway one can request the Institute/Faculty from not publically publishing our results on the website.

4. Muppet

Muppet Member

well if you fail you won't be on there anyway!!! :confused:

5. hi5

hi5 Member

That the whole problem

If I am not on there then all my friends find out if i passed, and vice versa.

On the other hand, if i had the option to "opt out" of the results via web scheme then no matter pass or fail, no one could find out my result, unless they ask me.

(hope i did not confuse anyone)

6. Erik

Erik Member

That's why you shouldn't tell anyone you're writing! But I can't keep it to myself, but now I wish I had!

Cheers

7. hi5

hi5 Member

That is the same problem everyone faces..........we cannot hide it..........

anyways,

best luck everyone for today night

8. Aaaargh! Someone just told me it's results day. There goes my peace of mind.

9. jimjoachim

jimjoachim Member

I wish they published your ARN if you pass instead of your name to save people knowing before you!!

Iv booked tomorrow off because last time I hadnt checked my results the night before and on way in I met someone who told me how sorry they were that Id failed!!

Not long now!!

Good luck everyone!!

10. ekla_cholo_re

ekla_cholo_re Member

how did everyone do????

11. Gareth

Gareth Member

passed and completed CT's :))))

12. ekla_cholo_re

ekla_cholo_re Member

congrats gareth...same for me too.

13. Kail

Kail Member

Passed

Passed CT8 and completed CT's too :))))))))))))))

14. Erik

Erik Member

Passed CT8. Just CT5 left

Cheers

15. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

Passed CT8.

Only CT4(103) left and failed for the third time, though I thought I'd done well in it again. Thing is, I won't feel any clever for it when I do finally get it.

16. hi5

hi5 Member

totally agree............who else agrees???

What happened then? Did you attend work that day?

17. hi5

hi5 Member

I think two groups are emerging on this site.......one who has cleared the CT stage and one who have cleared only 1-2 CTs

18. Gareth

Gareth Member

i do...it would stop the pimps getting too much info about us...e.g. this morning i got a letter from a pimp congratulating me on passing, followed by telling me what great opportunities they have got etc etc... those guys should also be banned from buying actuarial directories...

19. jimjoachim

jimjoachim Member

Booked the day off as I wasnt sure if id have internet access in on time to check the night before as id just moved house.

Luckily my modem arrived that day and was able to check.
    Is passed.
    Id still rather they published the ARN as I got a text from a guy at work congratulating me minutes after the results were out.
    Pass or Fail Id prefer to tell people!!

20. npc_100

npc_100 Member

Had a look at the examiners report for the exam and see that they allowed full marks for those who noticed the typo on question 4 and did the question with a minus instead of the 'T' in the question.
    In a way I am not sure if this is the right way to mark the question, while there may have been a typo, the question could still be answered to a large degree as presented. If there were problems getting a final answer as a result of the typo, then credit could be given appropiately. Not sure if credit should be given where a candidate decides to answer a different question to that presented, in particular as the answer would be shorter and neater and take less time which could be used on other questions.
    If the 'easier' solution is marked fully, then should the others who answered the question presented be given extra marks?

Curious if anyone has any opinions on this?

21. Erik

Erik Member

Changing the question is quite a gamble since it can go either way. I answered the question given and stated that something didn't look right. I don't think credit should be given for answering the "correct" question.

Cheers