FA, should I appeal?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Imidinho, Jul 13, 2013.

1. ryan11

ryan11 Member

Hey entact, you hit the nail on its head, I failed this beast the 2nd time, and although there can not be any excuses for failing, but I think my lack of past exam practice was responsible for it, still when I wrote the paper, I was armed with a slew of acronyms which covered the core reading, I felt I wrote well. As soon as the results came out though it was pure agony to not see my name on the list and then to find that it was an FC.

Not sure if I am still working in the right direction, I am going to get series marking done as I feel that I lacked in tailoring my answers well (answering techniques, breadth and the specific question info) and do the QnA bank as well as past papers.

From your experience of Ca1, can you recommend what actually helped you pass it.

2. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

If you do the online one you don't get to see your script.

3. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

I wish I had failed CA1, then I may have quit these stupid exams altogether.

They're more to do with firms controlling employees' spare time than the knowledge they contain.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 18, 2014
  4. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

I'm not surprised. That's the IFoA for you. Only really care about the cash-flow and make life easier for themselves.

All the processes they have for appealing, complaints, disciplinary are set up to suit them and them only.

They get a kick of whitewashing themselves while being transparent on hardly nothing at all.

5. Pede

Pede Member

Can I ask why are you seeking to become a 'fully-fledged' member of a profession that you clearly have so much disrespect for?

6. mpyan1

mpyan1 Member

Don't worry they won't let me, like they won't let many others. Many people have answered 95% of the final papers according to the exam technique they've been taught and reckon they scored 60-70% at least... only to be failed. Then we have tutors suggesting 40-50% is all one needs to pass an SA paper. It doesn't add up.