Ct3

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Devi k, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Devi k

Devi k Member

Hi,

I am going to appear for CT 3&1 in May from IAI & have heard that CT3 is extremely difficult exam in IAI. Is it really? i have just started it.Are 3 months enough for studying CT3 .How should i plan for both the subjects? I am currently working.

Any suggestions would be of great help...

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It is tight. You want to have at least a month to do past papers. So that's 2 months to finish both courses each of 15 chapters - so you want to do a chapter every 2 days. When you study a chapter you need to be answering the questions in it - not just reading it.

I would recommend doing past papers by topics for 2 weeks or so as you'll learn more efficiently.

If you have the money then for 7500Rs or £75 you can purchase the online classroom which contains pre-recorded tuition by our team of tutors along with worked exam questions. You could watch these instead and THEN read the notes to work through the notes even faster. Samples can be found on our website here.

3. Devi k

Devi k Member

Suggest working Plan

Hi sir,

I am writing exams CT 1(for 2nd time) & 3(for first time) in Upcoming may.As of now, i have completed One Reading of CT3 and would be completing CT1 by this month ending.
    My goal is to crack CT3&1 in this attempt. plz suggest me a plan for this. i have ct3 exam on 21st may and CT1 on 27th may. i can study approx 6.5 hrs max.

Regards

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2014
  4. John Lee

Do you mean 6.5 hrs a week or 6.5 hrs in total?

If it's the latter then you won't be able to succeed.

Ideally you need to have done at least 10 past papers in each subject - so that's already 60 hrs...

5. Devi k

Devi k Member

Re:

Sir,

For both subjects together, i can work out 6.5 hrs per day.today, i have completed my CT1 remaining chapters also.from tomorrow i will start my revision.

6. John Lee

Phew!

Then alternate subjects by day and spend each night on questions from one chapter - starting by testing yourself on the things you have to remember (ie formulae, proofs, methods and bookwork) and then doing past paper questions just on that topic.