April 08

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Pragya, Apr 9, 2008.

1. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

No.

2. I also struggled trying to explain how the ERF applied to the revalued pension in the past and the new method was to be applied to the revalued pension at age 65. What is a revalued pension and how does one explain it in words. In DB schemes when we discount pensions I think we discount at i - j where j is pre-retirement inflation. I thought revaluing was just a way of getting the nominal pension at different time... and I wasted so much time trying to think if this what was meant

3. vix

vix Member

I'm not sure - I was thinking about that too. I know that the tutors review our posts and can sometimes take any major concerns to the Institute.

Has anyone used the new Institute forum for posting exam queries and subject discussions? Won't this be a duplication of what exists here? Will it mean that they will only pay attention to any concerns raised on their forum? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2008
  4. Anomaly

Anomaly Member

I was reading through the discussion you guys had about the first question (pensions) - the format of letter and also the terms that need to be explained in the letter...... Just out of curiousity, since results are out, how did everyone do?

5. Erik

Erik Member

I passed ... at last. (4th time lucky!)

6. FatSam

FatSam Member

I Passed

7th time lucky!
    This pesky exam was the last one I had left and has been hanging over my head since 2004. I have absolutely no clue what the hell I did differently this time but hey, I ain't complaining.
    So with that comes qualification. Amen.

7. justarrived

justarrived Member

I passed

3 rd serious and 5th actual attempt....but no whining!! I will qualify as well.

8. 1st attempt pass. I was super lucky.