Yippeee

Discussion in 'CT1' started by maz1987, Oct 13, 2010.

1. maz1987

maz1987 Member

Ok it seems exams are over and discussion is allowed.

How did other people find CT1?

I thought it was ok, and was pleased that the only real curveball they threw was the final question. I realised after doing multiple past papers that there's always one outside-the-box question, and I feel I managed to answer at least half of it well. I probably got the wrong answers, but I used the correct formulas and I think my table was ok.

The question I had the most trouble on was determining the NPV of the purchasing of bonds and receiving the dividends they pay, as I ended up with a negative value (after triple-checking my formulas and values input), while the second part of the question mentioned an accumulation. Hence a negative NPV wouldn't make sense.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
  2. Mark_JT

Mark_JT Member

I can say with reasonable certainty that I failed that exam! I just didn’t answer enough of the paper to pass :( It was quite tricky I think, with a few twists in the questions. I skipped chapter 15 in my studies due to lack of time, and there were 2 questions that needed it! Typical...I’ll just have to ace the resit instead ;)