X Assigninment user exam condistions?

Discussion in 'SP2' started by limamichelle, Dec 21, 2020.

1. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

Hi, i see in the X series assignments we are told to do this under exam conditions. I wanted to check if this means we should be doing this in an "open book" format?
    If so, would we be getting feedback if definitions were too close to the original definitions(risk of plagiarism), and should we use references in our answers where we refer to core reading etc?

OR i sit better to do it in a closed book one? and if so should we indicate what conditions we took the emails in?

What is the advice?

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It is best if you attempt the assignments in the same way as you would in the exam as you will then be able to practice your exam technique and get the most useful feedback. So I would recommend that you attempt them as open book exams. The time pressures of the exam will mean that you won't be able to look everything up, so again it is worth practising under time constraints too.

I don't think that you need to reference the Core Reading as this is the material you need to learn to sit the exam - ultimately everything that you write will be based on the Core Reading. But you should try to write any bookwork in your own words.

Best wishes

Mark