World Cup Cricket 2007

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by TheArtfulDodger, Apr 7, 2007.

?

Which country do you think will win the Cricket World Cup 2007?

Poll closed Apr 21, 2007.
  1. England

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Australia

31.3%
  3. Sri Lanka

25.0%
  4. South Africa

18.8%
  5. New Zealand

18.8%
  6. West Indies

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Some other country

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. I've been studying so much I haven't been following it

6.3%
  1. It's the midst of study season but some of you must be following the Cricket World Cup.

Bit of an upset today with Bangladesh beating South Africa. Cast your vote above for who you think might win the world cup.

2. hi5

hi5 Member

Black Caps or Sri Lanka (Please) I dont want Austraila to win again!)

3. kanch

kanch Member

Only BlackCaps and Sri Lanka can challenge Aussies. But I still think Aussies will win the WC. If Sri Lanka get to the final I beleive they will beat any team.

4. It'd be good to see Australia's domination of the World Cup ended. If they win it this time, they will be the only team to have won it three consecutive times.

5. kanch

kanch Member

I think England had the best chance of beating Aussies - 165/2 in 26 overs!!!!!!! A target of 320 would be a tough one for aussies chasing!
    Once again they collapsed................................ So now its esy picking unless they pick up quick three/four wickets in the first 20.........
    Good Luck England

6. hi5

hi5 Member

Actuaries UNITED.

We dont have a common winner but we have a Common
    Not-To-Win-Team-> Australia.

(BTW examiners do the same to us!)

7. Trouble is the Aussies are looking on top form at the moment - they're yet to loose a game in this World Cup! Let's hope some team will give them a beating in the remaining Super 8 games.

8. hi5

hi5 Member

yep they have not lost anything in the last three world cups as well.

Regardless of the beating in the super 8, they qualify for the semis. So lets hope they get beaten there.

9. hi5

hi5 Member

How come there is no Bermuda in the option?

They did have a statistical chance.

(But contrary to what actuaries think, i am of the view that statistics is different from real life!!!!!!)

10. kanch

kanch Member

Yes good point! Thats a data problem!!!!

Well I still think Aussies can be toppled in the semis or finals. At the minutes they are full of confidence and it just make theri game so easy. You just need four good balls and this confidence will be gone!!!! I hope this happens in the final so they will never forget.

11. Despite winning I thought England didn't play well yesterday. They can't expect to play like that and beat South Africa.

12. hi5

hi5 Member

word

13. Aussies looking unstoppable - they gave Sri Lanka quite a beating today. But...Sri Lanka didn't really put out their best bowling line up

14. hi5

hi5 Member

From the semi-finals onwards it will be anybodys game! (hopefully!!!!!)

15. hi5

hi5 Member

sorry HI5, you were wrong.