1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Working directly on Excel file downloaded

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Trevor, Apr 4, 2022.

1. Trevor

Trevor Ton up Member

Hi,

Can I have some advice on how to prepare the exam file to be submitted?

We may be provided exisiting Excel files, with raw data or existing model(paper2).
    Should we do our workings directly on these downloaded files (make a copy for back up of original), or create a fresh new file and then copy everything across?

It will be much easier and faster to work directly. However, I am worried that the “date created” and “original Author” of the file property will flag us as cheating?
    Eg: the answer file is created before the exam start time, the original author is not myself.

I am starting to realise tiny details of these as exam comes. Can anyone advise?

2. Steve Hales

Steve Hales ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Definitely work directly with what you're given. Copying everything across is error-prone and timing-consuming.
    If the examiners wanted students to copy everything across they would have state that.

Trevor likes this.
  3. Trevor

Trevor Ton up Member

Thanks Steve for confirming this