which subject to take

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Bharti Singla, May 15, 2016.

1. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

Hiii all, I have took CT1 and CT2 in april diet. Now I decided to take CT3 , can anyone plz suggest me which other one should I take along with CT3? Should I take CT5 or CT7?? which is easiest? Plzz anyone help asap.

2. Bharti Singla

plzzzzz anyone rply :(

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Surprised no-ones replied. Depends on your background. If you have done any economics then CT7 will be easy. If you prefer maths then CT5 will be easier. Personally I would recommend CT5 whilst your CT1 is fresh. Whereas CT7 doesn't require any other subjects.

4. Bharti Singla

Thankyou for rply. I am taking CT7 :)
    one more query - Is there any online classes in hindi language?

5. pbrown

pbrown Member

Hi Bharti

I took CT7 in April and do NOT underestimate it. There is so much to learn! You need to get hold of the book 'Economics for Business - Sixth Edition' as soon as possible. It is like the bible with regards to CT7.

What I don't understand is the ridiculously high pass rates in recent years for CT7 (look on the website). I took CT2 in the same sitting and pretty much aced the paper and yet CT2 has a lower pass rate. The only thing I can think is that maybe the pass mark is less for CT7 (60 instead of 65).

I thought the CT7 paper was pretty tough and one person walked out of my exam after about half an hour. The multiple choice questions are definitely more difficult than the CT2 ones and you need to get your head around the graphs. I am a maths graduate and yet it took me ages to figure out exactly what was going on.

How did you find CT2? (I assume you took IFoA)

Peter

6. Bharti Singla

I m a student of IAI. N u? Are u talking about indian exam or UK?? how many exams have u cleared? Well, while studying CT2 it seems easy for me bcoz i am from commerce background and my preparation was good but unfortunately my exam was not so good...(m surprised) as I only focussed on the course material. I didn't practice other revision material n exam was from practical area. Can u plz suggest any other subject for me instead of CT7 keeping in mind that m not so experienced, just passed 10+2 last year in commerce stream. plz rply asap...........

7. John Lee

Given your background CT7 will be easier for you. Like Peter I struggled with economics as I was a pure maths graduate.

I regret we don't have the online classroom in any language other than English. But given that English is required in the job it will probably be good practice - however if you're unsure about anything you can always post queries in the online classroom forum and the tutors will help you out :)

8. Bharti Singla

ohkk sir..thank u ..I think i should join online tutorial on actuarial site. but is there a face to face tutorial or recorded type classes?

9. Bharti Singla

can anyone let me know when will the result of april diet declare?

10. John Lee

We don't offer any face-to-face tutorials in India at the moment. Probably your best best is the online classroom as the videos can be paused an replayed if you need a bit more time to understand the English. They also come with a forum where you can ask your queries to tutors. You can find samples of our online classrooms on our webpage here https://acted.co.uk/Samples/Online/CT7/teaching_unit/ActEdUK_CT7_1808_V01.html

11. Bharti Singla

okk..thankyou sir
    can u plzz tel me when results will declare??

12. pbrown

pbrown Member

Hi Bharti

I didn't say don't do CT7. I just said don't underestimate it. If you're gonna do it you need to get the book as soon as possible.

John can you please explain the ridiculously high pass rate for CT7. It just doesn't make sense to me. As maths graduates we HATE multiple choice questions and the majority of actuaries I know are maths graduates. I must have answered 250 multiple choice questions before that exam and yet there were still 4 or 5 that I had never seen before.

Please explain

Peter

13. Bharti Singla

hii pbrown.... can u plz tel me from where I can get this book? (eco. for business-6th edition)

14. Bharti Singla

hii sir.. can you plz tell me the price of online tutorial for ct3 in indian rupee? and its structure (can we purchase chapter wise or its available for full syllabus)??
    plz rply asap

15. pbrown

pbrown Member

You can get it from the e-shop on the IFoA website. Alternatively go to amazon and it is on there. Make sure you get the Sixth Edition though. Like I said previously you need to get it a.s.a.p. because there is so much to learn.

Peter

16. Julie Lewis

Julie Lewis Member

17. Bharti Singla

okk thanks