which magazines to refer to for SA6

Discussion in 'SA6' started by manish.rex, Oct 10, 2012.

1. manish.rex

manish.rex Member

Hi,

Can anyone suggest which investment related magazines to refer to during general preparation for SA 6 Investments subjects, if any?

Thanks,
    Manish

2. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

magazines

Hi, This is a good post for others to contribute to, as students may have picked up their own favourites as they approach SA6 (but maybe those already qualified dont look at the forum any more?) I dont have anything to add that I havent put in the course notes (Chapter 0). I find the websites of the big consulting firms very useful. I also find the risk and investment conference papers and working parties useful. Finally, the actuary magazine can have some good articles for SA6 prep from time to time.

3. majestics

majestics Member

I was recommended Professional Investor, and Money management in my exam counselling session. I skimmed through financial times, which helped a little. The question in SA6 can get very general, just see the question 3 of Oct 2012 exam, which i think was based on the situation of pension funds and life insurance funds of Egypt. Very difficult to answer a question like that

4. Colin McKee

Colin McKee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

magazines

Yes - this is one of the problems. The financial world, and even the "pension and life world" is so large when viewed on a global scale, that its hard to know what to look at in a 6 month period to improve your chances in the exam.