Which exam to take next

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Trying my best, Oct 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Hello everyone, I took exam SP7 at the September 2020 sitting and assuming that I pass this (big assumption with no guarantee) I have SA3 and CP1 left to do. I was wondering if anyone has advice on which exam I should take next. I think the benefit of taking SA3 next is that as SP7 and SP8 are assumed prior knowledge the content from SP7 will still be relatively fresh for me as opposed to not looking at SP7 again until the September study session. The benefit of taking CP1 first is that the April study session is longer and so gives more time to get through CP1 as I understand this is a mammoth. If I fail SP7 I think I will just retake it in April on its own.

It would be great to hear your thoughts.

2. Dolemite

Dolemite Member

Hey you're in exactly the same position as me - took SP7 in Oct, got CA1 and SA3 left, might have a retake to do in April.

The advice I have taken on board is to get CP1 done next, but drop it if I need to retake SP7 in April. SA3 is related to SP7 & 8 but is much harder and benefits from as much work experience as you can get beforehand.