which ct to start from?

Discussion in 'India' started by dvani, Jan 10, 2015.

1. dvani

dvani Member

Hello,
    I cleared my acet in 2011 and had not appear for any ct papers after that .now I am planning to give ct paper in may-2015.
    which is the best ct subject to start with ?
    need guidance .
    how to study for ct ?
    are they very tough?

2. JayDee

JayDee Member

CT1 is a great way to start. It starts with the basics that you'll need in most of your other exams as well as in your profession as an actuary. Also it is probably the easiest so it serves as a good determinant of whether or not you should pursue other actuarial exams. Having said that, it requires a fair bit of practice.

The CT's are arranged cleverly in the order in which they should be taken but they can be taken in any order as you're probably aware. My personal suggestion is that you take the first three in order then feel free to pick from the rest. If you start with say CT4 or CT8 instead of CT1 you might feel quite lost but this depends on what you've studied before joining the Profession.

I hope this helps.

3. sujak

sujak Member

CT series

Can anyone give a brief idea of the CT series based on which subject. For eg., CT1 based on Maths, CT3 on statistics, etc.

4. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

CT1 finanical maths

CT3, 4, 6 statistics

CT5, 8 statistics and financial maths

CT2 accounts *yawn*

CT7 economics

5. JayDee

JayDee Member

Wow that's almost exactly the route I took. CT8 should be the last CT though - it will destroy you. I honestly found it harder than even the fellowship exam SA2. True story!