When should i start ordering for material?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by johnmunge, Sep 3, 2011.

1. johnmunge

johnmunge Member

Hey,

I'll be sitting for my first exams next year April. I want to purchase the CMPs for CT1 and CT3. Am from Kenya so i want to order for my material early enough. Problem is that the material listed on the website is for the 2011exams. Should i go ahead and order even if am sitting for the 2012 exams.

Am new to all this and had emailed Acted this question but they havent responded. Someone please explain this to me.

Thanks.

2. bystander

bystander Member

The new materials tend to be available mid to late september.

You can get the old material and then use a CMP upgrade BUT>>>>>

a) With the CMP pack comes assignments. If you want these marked you must have the right ones ie the ones with assignments to Apr 12.
    b) There may be syllabus changes and if these are very large, a CMP upgrade may not be available. However, it is rare to see a major change in the CT subjects. But if there was, you could be looking at extra expense.

I'd say wait a couple of weeks longer. Generally, lots of people don't start studying til late Oct/Nov so you won't be disadvantaged

3. johnmunge

johnmunge Member

Thanks for the info. I think i'll wait then order for the material. As i said, it's my first time sitting for the exams and i want to make sure i get things right from the very start :)