When exactly are the exams set?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Helen83, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Helen83

Helen83 Member

I am trying to work what commercial issues might come in the exams this April.

2. geoff97531

geoff97531 Member

I know they set the april and september one for any calender year at the same time. I'd guess they do this towards the end of the previous calender year to leave enough time to check it. This is a bit of a guess though so I'm more than happy to be corrected

3. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes, Geoff, you're right. They start thinking about it all in the autumn/winter, hopefully finalising it early in the year.

Back to Helen's question, though, bear in mind they won't finalise the marking schedule until after the exam, so topical issues might even creep in (in a small way) to the solutions after you've sat the exam!

4. Helen83

Helen83 Member

Thanks, Ian. Do you have any thoughts on which issues might come up for the CA1 exam? Other than the recession in general.

5. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I'd hate to guess - the course is so big and wide and there's only 6 hrs to examine everything. CA1 isn't meant to be UK specific but the economy would be the obvious choice.

Probably best to stick to learning principles and application rather than trying to second-guess the questions, is my advice.

But you could try the CA1 forum to see what other students think...

Best of luck
    Ian