what to do?

Discussion in 'Careers' started by zahida, Nov 18, 2005.

1. zahida

zahida Member

hi there!
    am doing HND in business and i want to be an actuariay.i am really confused,because i don't know wether what should i do after my HND(Higher Nation Diploma)to become an actuariay.can anybody please help me out
    do give me other suggestion for what else i can go for after my HND.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2005
  2. Pede

Pede Member

Oh dear. :(

3. mocking other people's misspellings - the highest form of wit :rolleyes:

Zahida:

I'm afraid I don't really know for sure. I have to admit I don't know much about HND's. Might be worth emailing the institute's careers team - careers AT actuaries.org.uk. Or the careers advisors where you are studying?

Things you could do are:
    -try to find some work experience at an actuarial company.
    -take an actuarial science degree course
    -apply for permanent jobs

Sorry not a great deal of help.

Some useful links:

Becoming a student section of institute website

Actuary - Inside Careers Guide

Good luck!

4. FatSam

FatSam Member

Hi

I don't know if there's still a requirement to have a minimum B grade at A'level in which case make sure you have that box checked off first.
    I am inclined to agree with the above comment. You should ring the institute and also City university just to have a general chat. People will be more than happy to help you so don't be afraid to ask them.
    There's also a website/book which I used in my final year at uni called 'inside careers' which gave a very useful rundown of what an actuary was and what it takes to become one.

Best of luck

5. Cardano

Cardano Member

I remember joining on the basis of 2 maths A levels. The Faculty acted as if they were doing me a favour.

6. p51ngh

p51ngh Member

start studying as soon as you can.... don't delay.... after you clear the first 3 papers with flying colours target companies until you find one willing to support you