What study materials to keep?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Leila, Jul 5, 2009.

1. Leila

Leila Member

I want to throw some old notes away but I am a hoarder and find it very difficult!
    What does everyone else keep and how much of the CTs crop up in the later subjects?

Thanks, Leila

2. geoff97531

geoff97531 Member

I just keep the course notes and bin all the Q&A bank and any nonsense I have scribbled down whilst studying. So that would leave you with 8 single folders after the CT's which shouldn't be a problem. I can't see me ever opening again the folders for subjects which I have passed, but I'll save them all for a big bonfire if/when I ever finish the exams. :D

3. bystander

bystander Member

I can empathise with your dilemna as a fellow hoarder....

If the worst came to the worst and you needed a refresher you could always just buy the core reading again....sometimes they stick in new material that you may need later so again there may still be a need for fresh.

I'd definitely destroy any attempts at qns. I had a few disasters in my learning curve so they've definitely gone.

4. fiend

fiend Member

Get rid of them all!

5. Goku

Goku Member

Keep the file, recycle everything else

6. Day Dreamer

Day Dreamer Member

Nothing is worth keeping to be honest. You will use very little of what you have learnt in real work situations. Makes one wonder what's the whole point of troubling us with these difficult exams in the first place. That's my experience.

7. Leila

Leila Member

Thanks guys! Very helpful - I needed that moral support and reassurance to actually throw anything away! But I suppose if I don't I might end up as one of those people who have tunnels of junk in their house and then it eventually collapses and squashes them to death!:eek: