What new in the syllabus this sitting?

Discussion in 'CA1' started by Eynon, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Eynon

Eynon Member

Hello

I couldn't afford a tutorial so apologies if these questions are noddy.

I've done all the CA1 past papers but I wanted to find out where this leaves my holes of knowledge.

Obviously there's all the Basel and Sovlency II stuff in the last chapter (I'm guessing the stuff on insurance regulations is more likely to come up than the banking requirements there).

I also seem to remember all that stuff on prospective and retrospective tracking errors and VaRs that I haven't seen in a past paper before (can't remember what chapter this was though.

Do you know what other new stuff there is?

Also do we really have no idea what will come up on the first and second days of the exam, ie. the questions are truly random?

Thanks in advance.

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

A good summary of the changes to the CA1 course can be found in the CMP Upgrade. This can be downloaded for free from the ActEd website. You can find the upgrade by using the menu on the left of the page - first choose 'Help & Advice' then 'Retaking a subject'.

Yes, there is no difference between the day 1 and day 2 papers.

Best wishes

Mark

3. Eynon

Eynon Member

Many thanks Mark.
    It actually seems as though more has been taken out than added (link).
    However section 9 definitely seems to have been bulked up quite a bit so I'll put some effort into possible new questions there.

Also, having the exam over 2 days will hopefully mean it's not as mentally draining as it was before!

Cheers.