What module should I take alongside CT3?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Hannah Neira, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Hannah Neira

Hannah Neira Member

I've just sat CT1 (on its own - thought I'd start gently!) and am now trying to decide which two modules to take in April so that I can buy some study materials. I want to take CT3 but am not sure whether this will work better alongside CT4 or CT6. My gut instinct is CT6 but can anybody tell me which module is closest to CT3?

I would only remotely consider sitting all three at the same time if they complemented each other enough to make it significantly easier to do so - as easy as doing two disparate CT modules, I guess - I don't work in an actuarial role and get almost no study leave so I'm planning to take my exams quite slowly.

2. jm_kinuthia

jm_kinuthia Member

CT3 is a prerequisite for CT6 and hence my suggestion would be that you attempt CT3 and CT2 or CT7.

Once you gain a pass in CT3 then you can attempt CT6.

Also the combination above contains relatively easier exams which if you pass can act as a confidence booster for the harder exams.

3. Calum

Calum Member

My personal instinct if you don't have a stats background is that it is good to let CT3 bed down in the brain for a while before doing a module that relies on it.

So I'd suggest doing CT2 alongside it - it also has the advantage that it might actually be useful in a non-actuarial role.

4. Hannah Neira

Hannah Neira Member

Great, thanks both, I will do CT2.