What are we given in the CT3 Exam

Discussion in 'CT3' started by kylie jane, Sep 23, 2009.

1. kylie jane

kylie jane Member

Can someone please confirm exactly what we are given in the exam.

I assume we can have
    -ruler
    -calculator (one that is approved)
    -Orange book "Formulae and Tables for Examination"

Is that it? Are we given any other formulas or do we need to remember all of the other ones?!!

Thanks

2. Simon C

Simon C Member

You are supplied with:
    - the exam paper and answer booklet (obviously!)
    - graph paper if the exam requires it (if this is the case it should say on the front of the exam paper)
    - a copy of "Formulae and Tables for Examination"
    - some scrap paper for rough workings (this is not submitted at the end of the exam so make sure to provide all relevant workings in the answer booklet)
    - continuation paper is supplied on request if you run out of space in the answer booklet

You have to memorise anything not in the formula book.

You have to provide your own calculators, pens, ruler etc.

Hope that helps.

Simon

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
  3. kylie jane

kylie jane Member

thanks a million!

4. bystander

bystander Member

about the scrap paper - it varies by exam centre whether they give you it or not. Some don't automatically but you can ask. failing that don't be afraid to write on the exam paper if necessary.

On the topic of graphs, be careful. Strict exam rules say pencil is not allowed.

5. Simon C

Simon C Member

I had a look at the instructions on the answer booklet in my exam this week and they state that scrap paper is provided (which indeed it was). Therefore I think that all exam centres really ought to be supplying the scrap paper automatically rather than just on request.