Viewing Online Classrooms on an iPad

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Gresham Arnold, May 30, 2013.

1. Gresham Arnold

Gresham Arnold ActEd Tutor Staff Member

ActEd’s Online Classrooms do not function correctly when viewed on an iPad via a normal web browser such as Safari. However, recently we have found that the Online Classrooms do work if viewed using the Puffin Web Browser, which is available from the App Store.

A few of our tutors have tried it out and it worked well for them. It would be good to hear your experience (positive or negative) of using this browser with Online Classroom – please post to this thread.

We suggest trying the free version of Puffin before buying the full version. This can help you ensure that it works well for you.

Please note: we have no control over Puffin and there appear to be few alternatives to it for viewing Online Classrooms on an iPad so I’m afraid we may be unable to fix any problems with the browser should any arise in the future.

Gresham

Last edited: May 30, 2013
  2. JayDee

JayDee Member

Excellent discovery thank you. In fact I tested it on the iPhone as well and it works really well.

3. redzer

redzer Member

I'm using the Online classroom with iPad mini and Puffin. Some days it works well others not. The is no buffering and the videos stop and start which is incredibly annoying.

Given that tablets are the future of personal computing it is disappointing that these videos weren't designed for iPads.

A really nice idea but poor execution.

R

4. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

I think it's more annoying that iPads were designed that don't support flash which is used on most websites... ;)