Using data tables

Discussion in 'CA2' started by Snowy, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Snowy

Snowy Member

How many hours are we allowed to take to do this exam?

I find that using data tables, setting up simulation, using equation editor can be time-consuming, so I was just wondering.

2. Ricegirl

Ricegirl Member

You get the whole day to work on the exam from around 9-5. You are encouraged to take a short break in the morning and afternoon, but the only break you have to take is half an hour for lunch. You also get an additional part to the exam assignment around lunchtime so you have to plan your time well or you may struggle for time.

I tried not to spend too long on setting up my spreadsheet model so that I had plenty of time for finishing my summary at the end. I also made sure I wrote my audit trail as I went along so I got that finished too. The spreadsheet model is fairly important, but it is really the audit trail and summary that will get you through this exam. As long as your spreadsheet is reasonable you should be okay.

Hope this helps and good luck for the exam!:)

3. didster

didster Member

It is important to be exposed to a variety of spreadsheets before attending. Also ask for help on the day.

You do get an additional task and info in the middle of the day and depending on what you did, you might find that you have to redo the spreadsheet.

It's a catch 22 with the summary and audit trail giving marks, but these depend on the spreadsheet. It's probably best to work on all three simultaneously.