Updates in X assignments?

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Logarithm n Blues, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Hi Forum!

I sat CA1 unsuccessfully in both 2018 sittings and got all my materials in late 2017. I did other things during 2019 but am now returning to CP1.
    Since I am re-sitting, paying for my own expensive exam and paying for my own materials I need to be selective about the materials I order (even at the re-taker rates.)

I will order the 2019 ASET as it will be very valuable to see how the new structure works. I think I read somewhere that the X-assignments are now formatted into paper1 style and paper 2 style questions sets? is this correct?
    If so is this a subtle re-organisation of basically the same material? or fresh material?

Are there any details anyone can give me to help me decide on any new material purchases?
    Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

2. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

The X Assignments do contain some questions that you might recognise from your CA1 materials but there are also a number of new questions and in particular case studies to help develop skills for Paper 2. There are now 6 assignments, the first five have paper 1 style questions and a case study and the last assignment contains two case studies.