Unable to answer a sub question

Discussion in 'CP2' started by joy, Sep 15, 2020.

1. joy

joy Member

Hi..September 2020 will be my third time of sitting CP2 with borderline marks in the first two tries.
    If I’m unable to answer a question, for example model the goal seek question could I write in my audit trail that “the alternative scenario using goal seek could not be completed and checked therefore a colleague would have to peer review that section”

Thanks

2. David Hopkins

David Hopkins Member

If you find that you can't work out the correct answer to one of the parts, you can use a "placeholder". Just enter a rough estimate or guess of the answer, highlight clearly in your spreadsheet and your audit trail that this is just a temporary figure and continue as if it was correct. That way, you can still get the method marks for other tasks that depend on this number.

joy likes this.
  3. joy

joy Member

Thank you

4. Satk

Satk Active Member

I agree with David.
    In addition, if your question is specifically regarding goal seek, you can write you found the solution using trial and error. This I have seen in some examiners reports where solution was found using trial and error instead of goal seek.

5. GemmaHayes

GemmaHayes Member

I like this advice but I have often tried to use a "Placeholder" solution. Do you have an example of how we could implement this practically? I don't see many examples of how we would populate the figures with figures that make the follow on steps make sense? Thanks in advance if anyone has examples or links to examples of how to do this in practice as I would like to be able to continue also. :)