UK exams

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by High91, Nov 19, 2012.

1. High91

High91 Member

hello,

Can I clear UK exams in India? As in I want to appear for UK exams from India. Could I?

Also, can I work in India with an actuarial degree from UK?

2. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

Yes. Yes.

3. High91

High91 Member

Please enlighten us by highlighting on it. :)

4. High91

High91 Member

Even if I appear from India, which paper will I be sitting, the UK ones or the ones set by IAI only???

5. bapan

bapan Ton up Member

Not sure what you are trying to ask ...

If you are appearing for UK exams from India (or for the matter any other place), then it will be the ones set by UK examiners !

I suggest you visit the UK and Indian profession websites to read up about exams, where you can sit and when they are conducted.

6. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

IAI has a paper-wise mutual exemption treaty with IOA for CT and CA series and groupwise agreement for the ST series. The exams are conducted independently, the UK exams taking place a month before the Indian ones.

7. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

To sit the UK exams you need to register for them with the UK Profession - the link for the form will appear on this page when the registration period opens for the April 2013 exams.

I confess I'm not sure whether membership of the IAI counts as membership of the UK Profession for exam taking purposes. You'll need to check with them to be certain.

8. High91

High91 Member

I can't find these details anywhere on the website. Please share the email address of the person I can consult to for these details, if you have.

9. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Just use the contact form on this page.