UK CT's in South Africa 2010?

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by tatos, Oct 13, 2009.

1. tatos

tatos Member

I was just wondering... does anyone know whether the UK CT's will be administered in South Africa next year 2010? I would like to write the UK CT's and not any South African version of the CT's if possible.

2. SABeauty

SABeauty Member

why do you want to write the UK CT's?

3. Goku

Goku Member

Well, I'm a member of the Institute of Actuaries so I still write the UK exams athough I'm South African. I'm not sure whether whether it will be compulsory to write the SA exams next year. I've heard the membership and exam fees are a lot higher than the Institute/Faculty's.

Also regarding the South African exams, would we still have to use study material from ActEd?

4. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

If I remember well it seemed that ASSA indicated that for the cts (other than ct9) and ca1 the uk route is still the route though there will be no need for dual registration. ASSA students can write the uk exams without registering with the IoA/FoA.

ASSA indicated that the only ones they want to administer for the time being are the courses, the ST and SA level exams. They had not given a position on how they wanted to go on the ca3 paper given that IoA/FoA are stopping it next April and making it a course.

5. capitalH

capitalH Member

So if I understand you correctly:

I want to study CA1, so I must still order the notes from ActEd (since CA1 is still the UK exam)?

Thanks
    H