Tutorials

Discussion in 'SA1' started by Mauby, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Mauby

Mauby Member

I am preparing for the SA1 exam but I did not write ST1.
    Will it be helpful to attend the ST1 tutorial as well as the SA1 tutorial?

2. You know I’m going to say yes! :)

The contents of Subject ST1 is assumed knowledge for SA1, and indeed there have been a significant number of questions asked in previous SA1 exams where knowledge of ST1 (rather than SA1) has been required. It is therefore essential, in my view, that you have a read through the ST1 course whilst studying SA1 – the Core Reading is probably sufficient.

Of course, you need to make sure you have time to get through SA1 and do past papers, etc. That said, other ST1 materials, such as attending the tutorials or looking at past exam questions, will be useful preparation for the ST1 aspects. I can recall several students attending ST1 tutorials in the past that were only sitting SA1, and I believe they have found them useful.

Best of luck

Steve

3. bystander

bystander Member

I'd question whether your choice of SA is a good one. Unless you somehow have some ST exemptions then I'd say this is a risky strategy as you will be competing against those with extensive same ST knowledge.

Thats not to say you have chosen mission impossible. Nothing is that.

But I agree with the tutor, make sure you know the basic level material by whatever means necessary! And maybe either work through them together or rapidly do ST before SA as flipping between the 2 may get v confusing.

Best of luck