Training Criteria

Discussion in 'India' started by Amit_Bansal, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Amit_Bansal

Amit_Bansal Member

I want to know is Training compulsory for being AIAI ? & if yes, then what's the duration and when can it be started i.e. after clearing how many CT's ? In which institutions can i look for this training ? Last but not the least, what is the expected stipend rate ?! ;p

2. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

For AIAI, I don't think there's any work experience required. For FIAI, you will need three years of work experience in an actuarial related role.

3. Amit_Bansal

Amit_Bansal Member

okey and how many CT's one should pass to get a high stipend and a good institution for training??

4. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

As important as papers may be, companies don't hire based on papers alone - but on your value addition to the enterprise. The question you should ask yourself instead is that if you want "x" as your salary, what return are you capable of providing back to the company that hires you - and how?

If you are starting off, you will need to start differentiating your skill set from the millions of others with papers to compete for limited positions in the pool and market those skills by networking. I've seen just about enough people float around with arrogance and later getting disappointed that they aren't able to land the job/salary "they deserve" because they are qualified by a few papers which makes them magically superior to automatically by pass all corporate norms and get a call.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014