topics

Discussion in 'CA2' started by ebayz, May 7, 2009.

1. ebayz

ebayz Member

Hello

I will be doing CA2 , CAN anyone please give a list of topics that were previously tested in this module when you did your test whether passsed or failed
    It has been a while since I did Ct1-ct8.
    I do not want to waste time in the exam trying to read sections of core reading to remind myself of what a gamma distribution is for e.g. the time could be spent doing the actual task at hand.

Can anyone help please?

2. Ricegirl

Ricegirl Member

The CA2 course isn't really a test of your CT knowledge. The technical part of the exam shouldn't be too difficult - it's practising the report writing and audit trail that you should be focussing on. I sat it last Nov and I was worried I would get something from one of the CTs that I really couldn't do, but once I'd read the Acted course notes and done some of the practice papers, I found it was writing the spreadsheet and communicating it well that was going to be the problem.

We're not allowed to say what the paper was about as they re-use them. There are some past examples of actual papers (that are not used any more) on the Actuaries website and Acted do a mock paper that you can do and have marked. The more you can practice writing the audit trail and report, the better. It's all about writing a simple spreadsheet and communicating what you've done clearly - do that and you won't have any problems passing.

Hope this helps.:D