Top 4 Consultancy for GI (in UK)

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Suzuki, Dec 4, 2020.

?

Overall, which one is the best in your view - for variety of work & friendly environment

1. PwC

2. KPMG

3. EY

4. Deloitte

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Suzuki

Suzuki Member

Hello All,

Just a general question on consultancies (UK). How would you rank the top 4 for Non Life Actuarial work? Anyone already working in these companies, please could you share your experience of projects and mainly culture within the team/company? I understand this would vary from person to person and based on the team/domain they work in, but just to get a feel. More interested in EY, KPMG but also happy to hear your views on Deloitte and PwC if you have worked/working there.

Many thanks and look forward to your views/thoughts.

Kind regards,

Suzuki

2. Suzuki

Suzuki Member

bump, anyone?

3. associate

associate Active Member

None of these are the best tbh

4. Suzuki

Suzuki Member

Thank you for the reply, why do you say this? Do you have any experience with them? Also, which are the best in the market to work for? Would greatly appreciate any inputs as I am new to the UK market.

5. CapitalActuary

CapitalActuary Ton up Member

Why do you think a particular firm would be the “best”? (I don’t think there is a “best” consulting firm!)
    I will say that for variety of work and work-life balance, I think the big 4 consultancies would be among the worse ones. Even in actuarial they’re tilted toward audit and assurance work more than other consulting firms.

6. RedCoat

RedCoat Member

This seems like a list of the most prestigious accounting/audit firms, not non-life insurance. They do obviously do some actuarial work but certainly aren't top in the same way as other industries. Imo there isn't such a clearcut "top 4" or whatever, but amongst the top would be Lloyd's syndicates/managing agents, AXA (which also has syndicates), Willis, Munich Re, LCP...tbh there's a long list of firms at a pretty similar level but these 4 aren't on it.

To actually answer your question though, the actuaries I know at PWC seem to have a better work/life balance than those I know from KPMG. Have never met any from EY or Deloitte.