Tips/Advice

Discussion in 'CP3' started by ActEder, Nov 9, 2017.

1. ActEder

ActEder Member

Hi,

I have a few questions about CP3.
    How many hours of study is recommended? What materials would be good to get? I assume that drafting emails/letters in work is in a way practice for this exam?

Thanks in advance

2. Helen Evans

Helen Evans Ton up Member Staff Member

Hello

The recommended study time for CP3 is 50 hours. It will not take you long to go through the Course Notes and I would recommend you do this a couple of times. You then need to practise lots of questions. You might want to consider the X Assignments and Mock A with marking, as it is important to get feedback on the work you are producing. Also tackling past CA3 exam questions (the "written" rather than "presentation" questions) will be important. Anything you can do at work emails etc is also helpful, one of the formats that we most commonly expect to arise is a report ... so look to volunteer if any opportunities arise!

ActEder likes this.
  3. ActEder

ActEder Member

I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Have you any advice on how the advance material should be used? (Obviously we can get to know about the topic or who you are, role etc)
    Is timing usually an issue in the exam?
    Is there always usually a few jargon terms in the materials?

4. ActEder

ActEder Member

Hi,
    I would be grateful to get a response on my above query.

Thanks.

5. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Sorry for the delay replying over the bank holiday weekend.

1. "You are not required to undertake any research or additional reading relating to the technical material beyond what is provided in the scenario documents." This is stated on the IFoA website

2. No. It is not designed to be a time-pressured exam.

3. Yes

ActEder likes this.