The Official -April 07- Panic Thread

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by hi5, Mar 25, 2007.

1. hi5

hi5 Member

Dear Friends,

It seems the right time to "panic".

Lets share our sob stories and be generous with our advice to others.

[hi5]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2007
  2. hi5

hi5 Member

Ok I will be the first one.

I planned to go for CT3, CT5, CT6

CT3 has gone well due to A-Level Statistics background.

I am thinking of dropping one of either CT5 or CT6.
    (i.e sacrifice a limb for a body)

Which one shall i drop and why?

(btw I am good at theory rather than with numbers)

!HELP PLEASE!

3. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I've just lost the last 6 weeks from being in hospital and then slow recovery!

Got st3 exam in about 2 weeks time. Need to fit 8 weeks worth of study into 2 - don't think I can! Oh well, at least its a wordy exam, testing thought processes etc. I will just hope my two years + GI experience will see me through (there's nothing wrong with dreaming.....)

Wish me luck 'cos I think I am going to need it!

4. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

That's a bummer but as I don't think it's your first time I wouldn't worry. It forces you to do what's the most important in the remaining couple of weeks rather than fuzz your mind with too much. A sense of perspective gained from taking a good break might be to your advantage if the material's in the back of your mind anyway.

If I had been ill for 6 weeks like this I'd see it as having been out of my control, do what I could in the remaining time, expect to pass nothing but anything I got would be a bonus...

Good luck!

5. RyuVI

RyuVI Member

I'm feeling the panic big time! Three and a bit weeks to go and I'm only just finishing the CT6 notes :(

How much of CT6 have you done? I would say drop CT5 if you must drop one as there's quite some overlap between 3 & 6 but then again, I haven't sat CT5 so I don't know how that relates to the others.

Good luck everyone!

6. hi5

hi5 Member

Thanks everyone for the replies.

I suggest the slogan of this attempt should be:

"Lets panic in a planned way!".

(we can then have a tradition to make a new slogan for each attempt we give)

7. hi5

hi5 Member

A bit for CT6 and a bit for CT5.

Friends, Please help me choose which subject to drop.

I am in big time Desperate Panic Mode now.

8. Deniese

Deniese Member

go for CT6 it is an easier subject to get your head around than ct5 - and i have never heard of anyone (as yet) passing ct5 the first time round - however this is not to say that people dont pass it first time round.....In my opinion it is a subject that requires alot of time to get a hang of - although saying this...i passed before the whole change in strategy thing....so don't know how different the course is now.

9. RyuVI

RyuVI Member

Hi hi5, sorry but I don't think anyone can really help you to make such a decision. At this late stage only you can know which of the two you are more confident in. Have you started practising past papers; which subject are you fairing better in, which if any do you find easier?

You say you've done a bit of both, what do you mean by this? Have you finished the notes for both? If so then why not just try for all three exams seeing as you've come this far - pull a sickie for the next two weeks and cram! ;)

10. I think a little panic is always good. It certainly makes me work a lot harder in the weeks and days before the exam!

11. Panic is a word with so many negative connotations.
    Can we call it the "final frenzied focus" instead?

12. hi5

hi5 Member

Well I have to start the notes of both (i.e. CT5 and CT6)
    )-:

I reckon its a perfect fit for the occasion?

13. RyuVI

RyuVI Member

Lol, am I missing something here? You've yet to start the notes for either and you're attempting them in April?

14. hi5

hi5 Member

April 06+01-01+01= April 07.

lol: is all i can say.

I am not panic-ing for nothing! (-:

So is CT5 sacrifice ok to everyone?

15. Gareth

Gareth Member

meh i've not studied for about 4-5 weeks now due to crazy levels of work stress...think i've probably forgotten most of the core reading by now...

oh well, only 2 more weeks to go!

16. Not again! This happened to you last sitting as well (http://www.acted.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=487). Do they always time your work for just before the exams?!?

17. Gareth

Gareth Member

yes, you are right...a pattern is emerging. Perhaps it's a secret ploy to prevent me from qualifying, making me less expensive!

Nah, but it is becoming an issue for me... i find unless i get a good amount of study time (which means not working weekends in the 6 weeks before the exams), i don't really stand much chance of passing. Shame as I'm pretty close to the end now.

18. jonbon

jonbon Member

panic big time

Folks!!

Am sick :( boo hoo..even though its my second CA1 sitting..i haven't done much for my preparation...finished the core reading bit last week..and now as I am sick..I can barely read..sleeping whole days..10 days to go..and have to learn all mnemonics, do past papers, learn the notes..phew..think this time also CA1 is gone..boo hoo hoo :(

19. hi5

hi5 Member

Panic UPDATE:

Ok I started CT6 core reading today.

I wish FD was a pass.

anyway back to stats.

20. scarlets

scarlets Member

I'll be sitting both CT5 and CT6.
    I'm now more confident with CT6 than CT5. All that notation in CT5 and all the little identities you need to remember makes this a handful, so yes I'd recommend dumping CT5 given the choice.

21. hi5

hi5 Member

Thanks.

Any particular advice on cramming CT6?