The best company to start your career as an Actuarial Trainee?

Discussion in 'India' started by Neisphuan, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Neisphuan

Neisphuan Member

Hi guys !! I am from New Delhi. This is my first post at ActEd. I just wanted to know which are the top companies in which we can apply to start off a career as an actuarial trainee.

2. bystander

bystander Member

There is no unique answer and to be honest it is so competitive you need to be open minded.

What do you need/want/value?
    1. Most money?
    2. Best study package?
    3. Biggest by what measure? employees/number of actuaries
    4. Range of work ... by dept/ business area etc

In the UK firms like Watsons and other cos tend to attract most competition but you get equally good training and sometimes less pressure at a smaller less well known company.

So armed with your own wish list, see who fits your list and you will have your unique answer.

3. Neisphuan

Neisphuan Member

Okay. Companies which can offer a trainee maximum study leaves and ofcourse which pays better will be the company that I am interested in. It would be great if you could suggest some firms/companies near the Gurgaon/Delhi/Noida area. I would really benefit from your advice. P.S. The company you were referring to is Towers Watson right ??

4. bystander

bystander Member

Yes. I'm justa lazy typist.

Any comsultancy often gets lots of applications typically because they have a high profile, but if consulting doesn't appeal steer clear.

You really do need a company that fits your personality and interests.

Sorry can't help on India firms but is their an actuarial directory for India that may help you.

5. High91

High91 Member

Bystander,

Sharing that actuarial directory here would help us, if u have.