Textbook 5th edition

Discussion in 'CT7' started by Parul Aggarwal, Aug 7, 2014.

1. As the page numbers in the 5th ed. are different from those in 6th ed. so can anybody tell me the pages in 5th ed. which includes the core as well as the additional reading, as in the study material the pages are given as per the 6th ed.

2. Graham Aylott

Graham Aylott Member

Hi Parul,

Helpfully, the chapters numbers used in the 5th and 6th editions of the book are identical. Consequently, the chapters and sections referred to in the current (2014) ActEd Course Notes are correct for both editions of the textbook, even though the page numbers referred to are those in the 6th edition, which do differ from those in the 5th edition.

I hope this helps.

Graham

3. Thanks.
    I have one more query. In FAQs of the core study material it's mentioned that there are changes in macroeconomic policy and monetary policy. So will it be sufficient to study these topics from 5th ed?
    If not, can you please tell in brief what are the main changes and if these can be done from somewhere else.

4. Graham Aylott

Graham Aylott Member

Hi Parul,

You should be okay studying from the 5th Edition of the textbook provided you have the 2014 edition of the ActEd Course Notes. The notes summarise the material in the book, including the new material in the 6th Edition. Although they do not cover the material in as much detail as the book, they have generally been sufficient detailed to allow you to answer the exam questions that come up.

Graham :)

5. Thanks a lot Graham.