Text book vs traditional acted notes

Discussion in 'CT7' started by actuaryre, Nov 25, 2009.

1. actuaryre

actuaryre Member

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2013
  2. Margaret Wood

Margaret Wood Member

We at ActEd hope that you will use the ActEd Course Notes to guide you through the textbook. It is a very good textbook but there is a lot of material to try to take in. In the Course Notes, we suggest a study plan to help you to break up the material into manageable bits. We suggest that you read small sections at a time and either make your own notes or annotate the ActEd Course Notes. At the end of each module, we recommend that you attempt the relevant questions in the Q&A Bank. The questions in Part A of the Q&A Bank are similar to the self-assessment questions in the usual ActEd Course Notes, and questions in Part B are more typical of exam questions. Good luck!

3. jeetenge

jeetenge Member

CT7 Course material

I have read the Chapter 3 of the course material, Section 4 and Section 5 fully new to the course. I attempted the Question and Answer Bank after reading the chapter 3. However I am not able to find any new questions related to Section 4 and 5. The Q&A bank seems to be same as that of the previous material.

Also some topic like effect of tax and subsidy is in Q&A bank but not in the course material. Will we get these in the textbook and how important is this for the preparation since it is not present in the course material.

4. Anna Walklate

Anna Walklate ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Q1B.18 is on this material. There are also questions in the X assignments (X1.2 and X1.28).

Taxes and subsidies are covered in more detail in Module 12 of the ActEd Course Notes (Chapter 20 in the textbook), so you might get questions on this topic.