1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Tailoring

Discussion in 'SP4' started by Roy672, Mar 30, 2021.

1. Roy672

Roy672 Active Member

Hello,

I wanted to get people's view on the best way to go about tailoring answers to the question. I've completed quite a lot of SP4 questions at this stage and it looks like details in the question are typically to do with scheme size (large/small), developed vs developing country, mature vs immature, closed vs open etc.

I'm particularly interested in getting the views of ActEd tutors on what ideas should immediately be coming to mind when seeing these details, e.g. when I see small scheme I think unpredictable costs, volatile experience, diseconomies of scale etc.

The developed vs developing country detail is one I always struggle with so if you have any thoughts on what the examiners are looking for when they add this detail in, that would be really useful.

Grateful for any tips you have, thanks!

2. Justine Peggs

Justine Peggs ActEd Tutor Staff Member

It is very important to tailor points made in the exam to the scenario set out in the question. Candidates can demonstrate understanding by using the characteristics given (about the scheme, sponsor, country etc...) to develop these points. Hence, it can be difficult to give general guidance on tailoring to characteristics as such points should aim to reflect the scenario being tested.

Busy_Bee4422 likes this.