Switching from CT2 to CT4

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by gunnert, Nov 26, 2009.

1. gunnert

gunnert Member

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of studying for my first set of exams - CT1, CT2 and CT7.

I have been studying since late September.

I am not that keen on CT2 at all, and am thinking of switching to CT4, as I have a good background in statistics (and should get an exemption from CT3).

What are your thoughts on this? Do I still have more than enough time to study?

Thanks!

2. DevonMatthews

DevonMatthews Member

I doubt it is too late, i dont think most people will open their notes for atleast a few more weeks. Im just finishing up my CT4 study now, and there is a huge difference in difficulty between CT2 and CT4, CT2 being relativley simple, and CT4 somewhat confusing. If you have a strong background in stochastic processes ie. markov chains and poisson processes it would make CT4 alot easyer to study.

3. didster

didster Member

It's not too late to switch, but cherry picking the easy or interesting ones now only leaves the others for later.

4. dopeyS

dopeyS Member

I'd definitely sit CT1 and CT2 together, I sat CT1 in september and am know looking at CT2 for April and I wish I had done them both together as there is a lot of overlap.

And a word of warning, CT7 has a new syllabus this year so practice and past papers are not as abundant as for other subjects, thats what put me off CT7 for the April sitting.

5. bystander

bystander Member

whether its late depends on how you are getting along with the others. And remember its coming to Christmas and I presume you want to enjoy the festivities rather than play catch up with study!

If you are company sponsored, it would be sensible to discuss you thoughts with your employer as they may not be happy to lay out any more money this session (assuming you haven't a bank system).

The good news is there are no changes between the April and Sep exams so you won't need new material.