Sudoku

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Sauny Bean, Jan 9, 2006.

1. Sauny Bean

Sauny Bean Member

Every newspaper you see now seems to have 1, 2 or even 3 puzzles. You can buy books with hundreds of them.

Personally speaking I think they're a complete waste of time, but perhaps this is because they're like a busman's holiday for us budding actuaries. I mean, if you're clever enough to waste an hour on using logic to put numbers into boxes, you should be putting your mind to solving business problems or the rather trickier task of passing actuarial exams.

Saying that, I find a simplex crossword a day exercises the mind...

2. ekla_cholo_re

ekla_cholo_re Member

i guess everyone has their own way of exercising their mind...many budding actuaries/qualifieds present in this forum must be hooked on to sudoku..I am a lazy person hence whatever time I get free after studying/working/surfing I just sleep... :D

3. Dr-Watson

Dr-Watson Member

soduko pees me off. When I am on the train I see loads of people doing it.

Some of my work colleges have commented that it is addictive, hence that is why they do it on the train.

My reply to that was "So is heroin. But you wont find people doing that on the train"

Well you might if they are well off actuaries looking for new excitement.

4. leafy

leafy Member

I enjoyed Suduko for a while before it became popular. Then I wrote a computer program to solve them all and they lost their appeal :D

Leafy