Stupendous Exam fees - CA2, CA3

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by jonbon, May 8, 2009.

?

Do you think Exam fees for CA2 and CA3 are unfair and unjustifiably HIGH?

1. Yes, I strongly feel that!

10 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. I don't Care!

1 vote(s)
    6.7%
  1. jonbon

jonbon Member

Folks

How many of you feel that the Institute is taking an unfair and large amount of fees on subjects like CA2 and CA3? Even though employers pay it once, but I strongly feel that these amounts are gross and the institute should increase revenue by taking more from qualifieds than from students.

I know some will say that pass your exam in the first go, but that is not always possible.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2009
  2. In defence of the Institute, the courses do cost more to carry out and mark than a traditional exam. They also have made single-day versions available for retakers, which are (slightly!) cheaper.

I do think that it's very expensive, but then students' salaries are usually quite high, so the retaking fees are just about affordable for individuals. It does also encourage people to take the exams more seriously and to do more preparation work. Lack of preparation was one of the main comments that the Institute made about the CA3 paper and its relatively low pass rate.

Increasing fees for qualified seems like a bad idea - it means that we would be simply delaying the payments for these courses!