Studying for 2021 Exams

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by jfs, Jun 25, 2020.

1. jfs

jfs Member

Hi!

I was wondering if I can I use the current course materials on ActEd to study for the 2021 exams? Or are the core readings updated every year?
    I recently decided to try and take the Part 1 exams, but I don't think I'll have enough time to study for the September exam so I was wondering if I can start to study early for the exams next year instead.

Thanks in advance for the help! :)

2. James789

James789 Member

The course notes in theory change every year. However these changes are usually minimal and often restricted to just a few 'corrections'. I would expect for 2021 changes would be very minimal given the extra workload for iFoA/Acted with the online exams, though best to check with them about this.

You used to be able to purchase (or perhaps it was free?) just the pages that had changed from the previous year from Acted. I'm not sure if this is still the case.

jfs likes this.
  3. jfs

jfs Member

Thanks for the advice!

4. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - just to add to the above:

Each year as part of the regular update of materials, we produce CMP Upgrade documents. Where feasible, these include the material changes to the Core Reading and ActEd course notes, and so allow you to amend your CMP from the previous year (in your case, 2020) to make them suitable for studying for the next set of exams (in your case, 2021). These documents are available to download for free :) at the following link - noting that at present these are of course for 2019 to 2020 conversions:
    https://www.acted.co.uk/paper_cmp_upgrade.html

However, if a large proportion of the material has changed significantly, making it inappropriate to include all changes, the Upgrade document will only give a high level outline of what has been amended. If that is the case, we would recommend that you purchase replacement materials - but these are available at a significantly reduced price if you already have the materials for the previous exam year.

Hope that helps too.

5. Actu09

Actu09 Keen member

Hi everyone,
    I hope you are all being well and safe.

Just to add to the previous comments, do we have probably an indication considering when will the revised cmp documents along with any material changes in the Core Reading, from 2020 to 2021 will be published? Perhaps once the September exam period is finished?