Student section: The Actuary

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Kail, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Kail

Kail Member

Has anyone got any views on the new student section writer Tristan? I tend to turn to articles written by him, first.

I think he's really funny and enjoy his articles.

2. FatSam

FatSam Member

TWB is a very funny man although seemingly very posh.
    In fact I also hear he is a bit of a ladies man (I have heard of someones experience first hand). Although she also said he wears a blue crushed velvet jacket and cravat.

3. examstudent

examstudent Member

maybe he should be the actuarial model of james bond i pointed out on the james bond thread ..charming suave sophiticated and in with the ladies! lol

4. TWB is indeed quite funny. Also, when he did edit the magazine, I found Conor Dolan's articles quite amusing too! But it's been a while since he wrote anything for the mag...

5. steven74

steven74 Member

Crumbs!

some people do read more than the appointments section

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2005
  6. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

Be careful - it's a slow incidious growth - I started just binning it, then I read the student page and binned it, then the letters page and now I flip through the whole mag first and even read some of the other articles!

Even the FT is becoming interesting to me! What's happening!? :eek:

7. Deniese

Deniese Member

bobbbathejobba...i think that's the NERD gene kicking in:)

8. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

Save me!

Poo! I'm done for then! Unless there's some way to suppress it...I could experiment with various alcoholic drinks.... :D

9. steven74

steven74 Member

Something strange going on here... I never wrote "Crumbs!" Who's censoring ??

10. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

me!

See under your post - says that we edited it. I know your post wasn't that rude, but it could have offended, so just in case...

Just trying to keep you all happy!:)

11. steven74

steven74 Member

Aha, there you are! I agree I wasn't that rude; I was actually trying to be polite. Hm, have to work on my communication skills, apparently. Thank God we have CA3 :eek: !!

12. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

Big brother!

But "crumbs!" who says that any more?

Is "Poo" allowed? :)

13. steven74

steven74 Member

I guess poo is allowed; I actually though somebody wrote something else (with basically the same meaning, but a bit more commonly used) and that it was censored to "poo".

But thinking about it now, it would have shown at the bottom of the message, wouldn't it...

14. leafy

leafy Member

I have to say that whoever came up with the replacement word "Crumbs" for possibly rude text deserves a prize. I've seen replacements with *$& etc, but that wins hands down.

I wonder if there was a "Dangermouse" theme running through all the replacements...

(Don't worry, I'm not going to test them out here, and I recommend you don't either!! ;) )

leafy

15. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

How low can you go!

Well only one way to find out Leafy!

This thread is completely crikey! I think the exams system is crumbs! And as for the new bond he is good grief!