Struggling with CA2

Discussion in 'CA2' started by LastHurdles, Feb 16, 2015.

1. LastHurdles

LastHurdles Member

Is anyone else struggling to pass CA2 or has struggled to pass CA2?

I recently sat the CA2 exam for the second time and although the question itself wasn't too difficult, i completely ran out of time to do a good job with the summary (especially the results, conclusion and next steps).

I know the main focus is the audit trail and summary but the question itself was pretty complex with many adjustments, which all have to be documented in the audit trail and i ended spending most of my time doing these two parts of the task and had little time left for the summary.

I also felt unsure about the level of detail needed in the audit trail? The examples online do not seem possible in the time given?

Not sure if it is just me or if this a common feeling?

2. No, it's not just you! I have struggled for the same reasons. I'm resitting with the new format next month, and hoping that splitting the tasks into model plus audit trail for paper 1 and then the summary for paper 2 will help a bit. Anyway I hope you did enough last time that you won't need to go down that route. Best wishes!

3. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

Indeed, it's not just you. There is a steady 25-35% proportion of students who do struggle. The biggest area of improvement I could suggest is to focus on explaining what your results mean, and why.

The key to your issue, though, is planning - the amount of time given in the exam should be enough to do everything to an acceptable standard. So if you're spending too much time on one area, you're probably doing it in too much detail. Doing past exam papers under exam conditions is a must. Practice the planning of your time, and follow through with that.

However, the new format of the exams will change a lot of that, and I suspect it will make it much harder to make the mistake you have. Good luck!