Starting SA2

Discussion in 'SA2' started by vikky, Jun 19, 2014.

1. vikky

vikky Ton up Member

Hi.Am looking to start my studies for SA2 from today.
    Quick question.Do I follow chapters as prescribed in the material or are there more important chapters which I could try and tackle first...looking for any tips to maximise production from now till 23rd sep 14.
    Thanks

2. Mark Willder

Mark Willder ActEd Tutor Staff Member

I think it's best to read through the course in the order it's written.

The course starts with the products that will be covered - many of these will be familiar, but there's lots of unusual contracts too, eg Takaful, Microinsurance and Variable Annuities. Having a good understanding of the products is crucial as these will be the basis of all the applications in later chapters.

The course then moves on to the general business environment, covering lots of issues specific to the UK, eg impact of inflation, the retail distribution review. Again, this is important as SA2 questions are set in a UK context.

Most of the chapters in parts 1 and 2 cover various aspects of legislation/regulation, eg gender equality, tax, and solvency. There's a lot to remember in these chapters and they are examined frequently. So its good to see these early on inb the course as you may need to re-read them several times to make sure that all the ideas are understood and can be recalled.

Parts 1 and 2 are really the foundations for the rest of the course. The remaining parts then build on these foundations in a UK context, but hopefully you'll find much of this later material familiar from CA1 and ST2, eg capital, asset shares, risk and contract design.

This would be my suggested approach, but it would be interesting to hear if anybody attempted the course in a different order.

Good luck with your studies.

Mark