Starting Part 2 (chapter 8 - 10) only now

Discussion in 'CT1' started by jlstroh, Jul 8, 2016.

1. jlstroh

jlstroh Member

Hi,
    This is my first time at attempting any of the CT exams and I am extremely nervous. I am only going to start with Chapter 8 this weekend, will I have enough time to get through all the study material and work through the assignments and Q&A Banks before the exam in September? According to the guidelines I should have been done with Part 2 already! :( I don't have much time to study during the week, so I try to do as much as I can over the weekends.

Regards
    Janine

2. Adam Ahmed

Adam Ahmed Keen member

Hey Janine,

I'm in a similar situation. I am also restricted to studying on the weekends. I'm at chapter 9 at the moment. If you're really struggling for time you could always skip the September sitting and sit the exam in April next year?

A

jlstroh likes this.
  3. bystander

bystander Member

Just keep moving. Don't be tempted to skip bits of the course as its a gradual learning process and you need all the material. You will find different bits of the course easier and that can help you gain speed. If running short on time, skip the Q&A answer bank and leave it for revision. Assignments are better tests of progress. Don't panic but perhaps think how you can squeeze a bit of time in week too even if it's only half hour every other day. If it's quality study it will all help.

jlstroh and John Lee like this.
  4. bosium

bosium Member

Hi all. I, too, am only at chapter 8 now on Aug 10. And it's my first sitting ever. And I'm sitting this Sept. I'm courageous. I will make it. What's a reasonable % mark I should attain in the self-test past exams in order to hope for a pass in the exam?

5. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

The published pass mark in IFoA is 60%. However you'd obviously want to score better than that.