ST7 & ST8 Overlap

Discussion in 'SP8' started by rans07, Jun 4, 2014.

1. rans07

rans07 Member

I am studying ST7 & ST8 simultaneously. It looks like there is significant overlap in some chapters.

Does anyone know which chapters in the course notes are the same in both courses?

2. td290

td290 Member

My knowledge of these subject is a couple of years out of date now. I did once do exactly the exercise you're talking about and there are a few chapters that are identical in both subjects as well as some that have some common material but some important differences too. To be honest, it didn't take that long to go through the course notes identifying where this was the case do that would definitely be my recommendation.

3. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Everything up to Chapter 9 is as very nearly identical.

The exceptions are the very obviously different chapters, which don't overlap at all, ie the Lloyd's chapter is in ST7 but not ST8, and the Unusual products chapter is in ST8 but not ST7.

After Chapter 9, the two subjects start to diverge significantly.

4. rans07

rans07 Member

Thanks that is very helpful

5. manish.rex

manish.rex Member

could you tell me how many chapters are there in ST7, and how difficult is it managing both subjects at the same time? I have gone through ST8 material, and feel that most of the material is related to my work experience, or i have already studied in my masters program. Knowing about ST 7 will help me make my mind about tackling these two simultaneously. Thanks

6. Katherine Young

Katherine Young ActEd Tutor Staff Member

There are 26 chapters in ST7. Other students will be well placed to tell you how they found studying both subjects simultaneously.