st6

Discussion in 'SP6' started by The AA, Apr 25, 2007.

1. The AA

The AA Member

How did people find the paper?

2. njc97

njc97 Member

Nasty, but in a slightly different way to recent papers.
    The long question on Finite Difference methods was a shock, and I wasnt well prepared for it at all. Also the question on different risks was a bit of a tricky one to work out what the examiners wanted; I could have written loads, but not sure if I made the points they wanted.

Also, the last question, was there the strike price missing for the option ?

3. The AA

The AA Member

I agree nasty Q on Finite Diff, i think the strike price was the nominal/redeemable value i.e 100.

4. mantlegen

mantlegen Member

It's actually quite hard under exam condition. I really want to know the passing mark for this paper. I didnt have enough time to complete the paper and left most of the wordy risk question blank. For the bond option, I guess the strike price is the forward price of the bond.

5. yes, strike was missing. I guessed 100 - i.e. option at the money now.

long finite diff question was a bit surprising; I think the make or break question might be the 'wordy' risk question; and I can already see some of the comments that'll be in the examiner's report....

Time pressure was tight; esp. with the wordy question and drawing graphs. Why is it that those always are for few marks when they want you to draw relatively accurately and label axes etc?