ST6 - new syllabus 2007

Discussion in 'SP6' started by examstudent, Jun 19, 2006.

1. examstudent

examstudent Member

hi all
    just wondered wether anyoone knew of what institute was doing for st6 in 2007.

here is the new syllabus form ioa website:
    http://www.actuaries.org.uk/files/pdf/students/syllabus/2006_ST6.pdf

obviously the "hull" factor was dominating 2005/2006, but:

-some bits of new syllabus correspond to bits in hull (eg valuing american options via least squares), has new syllabus been rewritten with hull/b&r in mind?
    - will there be new core reading for 2007, or is profession going to say just read relevant bits of Hull/B&R. as we all know core reading can be misleading! lol
    -given above are acted producing a CMP for 2007...

cheers

2. examstudent

examstudent Member

and, if its based on hull, does the new syllabus cover the entire textbook of hull (i.e 800 pages)????lol

3. Gareth

Gareth Member

there's loads of new topics in there, i'd say it covers entire of hull now (plus a few good chunks of Baxter thrown in for good measure :O)

4. King

King Member

Presumably people sitting ST6 this time round only really need to stick to the areas of the Hull textbook highlighted by ActEd? Historically how much of a deviation from the core reading has there been for ST6 papers under its current syllabus? Surely as and when there is a off-topic question most people would struggle with it and this would be reflected in the marking?

I have no intention of studying the 'new' areas of the 2007 syllabus as by rights they shouldn't show face in the September 06 exam......

5. Gareth

Gareth Member

ST6 is completely random, and the current notes bear little relevance to the exam. Rule is to know most of Hull anyway.